Monday, August 18, 2008

Passage des Panoramas

#170B J'ai écrit une lettre, original watercolor,9" x 11"
Still writing letters, still painting glasses of flowers because...

Directly across the boulevard from Passage Jouffroy is...

...the Passage des Panoramas another 19th century shopping mall, built in 1799 and one of the earliest venues of the Parisian philatelic trade...
And of course I found a STAMP shop in there.
Did you ever collect stamps when you were a kid? I collected specifically French colonial stamps - because of the bright colors. I still have them lurking somewhere...

Paris shops are so full of unexpected memories...
Old stamps on old letters - how do they end up here?
And French post marks! I just bought a faux set of rubber stamps to put on what? Who know? Irresistable though...
French script is the BEST! I spent a year trying to write French calligraphie like this...Hmmm
Dress up as a French postman (ooops - person)
Or deliver the poste yourself in your own yellow toy truck...
And poste banks as well here, Brit ones too...
The best is this miniature postal office. So much better than going to a real French postal office = terrifying! Will they ask me questions I can't answer in my limited French? One trip I carried around my postcards in my purse unsent, for fear of having to wait on line and then speak to a poste person.
Has this ever happened to you in Paris?
BONNE JOURNEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY