Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I normally don't cook much except soups and salads, but when I saw this gorgeous and EASY recipe on Ms. Glaze's Pomme d'Amour last week, I dropped everything, ran out and bought 5 Bosc pears, plus some red wine (Gallo Cab Sauv by the way) and started to play.
OK my baking dish should have been smaller.
And I've never carmelized anything in my life - the red wine and sugar in this case. In fact the smoke alarm started screeching in protest with my shenanigans.
Quelle WRECK!
But they tasted DAMN GOOD and took all of 45 minutes.
PLUS you don't have to peel or core the pears!
This is an amazing recipe.
Any idiot can make it. I did! :)
Here's the cleaned up version.
Nothing as glorious as Amy's but with practice...
The carmelized sugar and wine forms a stained glassy coating outside the pears. You crack through it to the inner lush pear like eating a creme brulee..
Going a la mode with vanilla ice cream only adds to the varied textures...
The recipe is at Amy's.
Just don't set the house on fire.
Here the same easy pears on this elegant dessert cookbook cover from Chanterelle.
Happy cooking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY