Friday, December 7, 2007

More CROISSANTS!

Last trip I made deep investigations into the Parisian croissant.

Half eaten croissant at Les Deux Magots Previously I would take a bite and leave the rest...
I was not truly committed to crossanterie investigations sad to say...
#110 - croissant and confiture#110 - croissant and confiture

But closer study endeared the croissant to me...

The creme de la creme of croissants resides at patisserie PIERRE HERME. This croissant MUST NOT BE MISSED under any conditions!

Look at the multitude of fine layers here - dense yet so light and crunchy..

"The noise of the croissant is also very important," said Pierre Herme. "I can almost hear them shout when people tear them apart."

Truly an elevated tasting experience and often overlooked by the madness of the macaron obsessed.
Here is Stohrer's croissant...
Stohrer's croissantAnd Stohrer's innards - nice, but not in the realm of Le Roi de croissants..
Figaro test tastes Paris' croissants I was inspired by astute Parisian food critic Francois Simon (and possibly the model for critic Anton Ego in RATATOUILLE) by the Figaro team in their blind tasting investigations of Paris' BEST CROISSANT!.I tried to do my OWN tasting, but frankly I didn't do so hot.*Notice how they just taste BITES of croissant. THEY ARE NOT EATING THE WHOLE DAMN THING! I messed up and forgot this was a test, and not a feast. I will undoubtedly have to do this test over - not so bad as redoing one's SAT's.I reccommend you do your own croissant test next time in Paris.
Be guided by the Le Figaro's research.
You can't go wrong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY