Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Paris Signs

The first Paris sign that greeted me upon arrival in the Metro from Galeries Lafayette - definitely a stop in your tracks poster...
Paris street sign Where else in the world do they have such beautiful street signs? My refrigerator is cluttered with these in miniature...
And freshly made signs everyday just like the baguettes they announce...
So many hand-made signs everywhere - I love the personal touch...
Figaro When you see this sign in any traiteur's window, stop and buy the reccommended item - it's a signal that Le Figero has deemed them worthy of making their best/Notre classement des meilleurs lists, whether it be tartelettes au citron, eclairs, baguettes, crepes etc. This shop has the 2nd best "jambon-beurre" in Paris. STOP and get one! Serious research goes into these lists and they must be obeyed.
More Parisien scrawled handwriting and a no doggies allowed sign...
I can relate to the scrawly writing instantly...
Another sign to be obeyed. When a sale is announced you must buy! The sales help always wear these special T-shirts that say "SOLDE" that I want to buy and they are never for sale...
Just a beautiful old fashioned jewelry sign that caught my eye...
Ah the old Belle Epoch Metro signs =YUMMY!
Who here hasn't gazed at this Paris sign in mystery and perplexity..?
Where am I and where do I want to go?
HELP!
Another hand-written sign/menu/ardoise that I always stop to read...
Here's a sign I run past. Non merci M. Mac-a-doo! That's not what I came to Paris for.
A tiny billboard I swoon for...uppp Fauchon is #11 on Le Figaro's best tarte au citron? I must seek out the others and do researche!
More miniature signs = irresistable
No sign necessary to stop me at these hot dog-shaped/eclairesque macarons at Angelina... WOW!
Somehow souvenir shops in Paris are not so tacky even if they are very tacky...momentos of Paris? Yummy
You'll never see New York's Empire State building used in a sign the way Parisiens use their best sign of all..
Paris That beacon of light...
Paris



The sign that says it all...What's not to love?
BONJOUR PARIS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY