Friday, May 29, 2009

Now or Later?

When I walked by this Dalloyau vitrine/window, temptation called.... I sat down and ordered the mini version of the Torbion Caramel . Nothing was going to come between me and this hunk of glossy caramel (filled with whipped cream I didn't eat - I hate whipped cream.)
The thought never entered my head to buy it and eat it later either.
Jamais!
Can you resist temptation when it calls?
Or are you one of those people with self-restraint?
Do you think, "I'll come back later if I still want it and get it".
Ice cream is an instant gratification food. Ice cream won't wait around for you to come back later. It's an "I want it now" food and thank gawd for that.
Ah...the smell of it.
When chocolate beckens, who resists? Some can. Even I, Queen of Instant Gratification, can resist chocolate...

If I have a refrigerator full of it, say just after a chocolate show. There's safety in numbers. And I can resist macarons if they're wrapped up tight in the freezer. Out of sight - out of mind...
Magnolia's cupcakes I waltze by with ease. I've never cared for cake or icing, so personal tastes effect issues of temptation.
There's an extensive article in the current NEW YORKER on just this subject.
If you enjoy Paris pastries you need to read this.
When Pres. Obama admonished Wall Street
"to show some restraint,
and show some discipline,
and show some sense of responsibility.”
I thought he was talking to me.
It was my new motto for a week or so...

But would there even be a Paris Breakfast if I had a modicum of self-restraint and discipline?
Granted visual beauty plays a big part in my downfall...
And would I, could I trade a peach for a macaron?
What about you?
Can you show self-restraint when offered a packet of Pierre Herme macarons? Would you say,"Let me think about it...I'll get back to you later." Would you? Be honest?
Do tell all s.v.p.

Munch...munch...munch...Aren't week-ends for sinning?


BONJOUR WEEK-END!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY