Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Metro

Metro Abbesses Montmartre, original art, 5" x 7"
Did you know everyone has their own Metro?

Metro Abbesses (#12) in Montmartre is not my Metro, but Peter of Peter's Paris was kind and gave me the Grand Tour...

This is my Metro - Ecole Militaire (#8) next to Cafe Terrasse in the 7th and a spit away from rue Cler.
This is my Ex-Metro, Etienne Marcel, from a year ago when I stayed in the Marais. And quite nice on the ligne #4, a good line if you like going to the Left Bank...
Station Reaumur Sebastopol (#4,9) has never been my Metro much as I like their murals. I've never stayed there and I have an aversion to getting off at Metros I can't pronounce much less spell like Faidherbe Chaligny (#8). This is a BIG mistake as you'll miss out on alot in Paris since many Metros are unpronounceable like St-Sebastien Froissart where Boutique Merci is.
Here's a neat Google Maps trick I just picked up last trip by accident. If you tap 3-4 times on the Metro symbol, up will pop the number of the lines that stop there, as well as their routes! Did you know this trick? Who doesn't love Google?
It's not enough to know your stop and what direction you're headed. You really need to get familiar with the different numbers of the Metro lignes - there are 14 of them.
Some are "hotter" than others like the #1 (to the Louvre and Marais) or the #4 (St. Germain = Pierre Herme, Gerard Mulot, Sadoharu Aiko i.e. Macaronville).
Each Metro ligne has it's own color, but I was disappointed to find the chairs are not color co-ordinated? HMPH!
I will never travel around Paris without le passe navigo! You do need a serious-looking photo to get one, but it's good for 10 years and you just refill it each visit.
Then you can come and go as you like on the Metro and buses carte blanche!
Here's another trick I learned last time using my Navigo card-you can get on and off at consecutive stops on one line...
I never would have stopped at Art Deco Station Vaneau (#10)if not for the card...
Station Sevres-Babylon(#10,12) is the next stop and a "must" since Bon Marche is there and lots of fun shopping...
Station Cite (#4) is where you go for the Sunday Marche Oiseaux- it's really the flower market...
Station Tuileries (#1) line spells out Angelina for me, since it's just across the street on rue de Rivoli...
Why is it every time I go to Station Chatelet (#1,4,11,7) to do a bit of Metro souvenir shopping the boutique is closed? Has anyone actually seen this place open? Can I pay them to stay open?
In my mad hunt for Eiffel Tower decor, someone sent me this Metro bedding picture from Bed and Bath. Instant love! Of course it's no longer available, but should you come across it
PLEASE LET ME KNOW PDQ!
Many watercolors will be yours!!!
I know I've said it before, but it doesn't hurt to repeat that the Metro always arrives on your left (except at Station La Motte-Picot). It's nice to be looking in the right direction in my opinion...
Cya on the Metro PB readers!
~
BONJOUR METRO!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY