Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Moulin Rouge

Moulin Rouge,original art, 5" x 7"
Montmartre expert, Peter guided me to Place Clichy...
To see the Moulin Rouge. I don't think I've visited since my first trip to Europe...
On a grey Paris afternoon, we just browsed a bit like everyone else...
"Les Girls"
Around the corner, the boutique awaits...
Thanks Gawd I'm no longer under the hypnotic spell of mini-mania.
This would have been hard to resist...
Here's a chance to toast/trinquer with glasses full of gold glitter. Of course you know better than to ever toast with plain water! Unlike some people :(
Peter writes that the Moulin Rouge is the biggest champagne buyer in the world - around 350 000 bottles a year - more or less 1000 bottles per day. That's a lot of trinquer going on!!!
This red Moulin Rouge mug gave me pause... I love red big time. should I do over my apartment in Moulin Rouge style rather than Eiffel Tower decor?
Fortunately there were no large essential items on offer, like pillows or lamps etc. Decision resolved in favor of the Eiffel Tower motif!
I'm not that big on ashtrays but this reminded me of...
All the wonderful prints and posters Toulouse-Lautrec created...
For the Moulin Rouge in the late 1800's.
Too many to count notable performers have taken the stage at the Moulin Rouge including La Goulue, Josephine Baker, Frank Sinatra, Yvette Guilbert, Jane Avril, Mistinguett, Le Pétomane, Édith Piaf and others.
So it's only natural that the backdoor will have it's "stage door Johnnys" awaiting...
BONJOUR MOULIN ROUGE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY