Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eiffel Tower Insanity

Eiffel Tower Concord,original art,9 x 11
Remember when I got back last trip in October...
Eiffel Tower Trocadero, original art,9 x 11
I was completely gaga over everything Toile de jouy...

I had BIG plans to do everything in my apartment over toile de Jouy

post card by Editions Cartes d'Art Well that's all changed now...
Now it's gotta be EIFFEL TOWER decor or nuttin!
Top to bottom Eiffel Tower is IN and toile de jouy is OUT!!!
The trouble is...ahem. Where do I find BIG, important pieces? Everything in Paris is tiny, small, made to fit in a suitcase like these neat cards from Editions Cartes d'Art at 9, Rue Dragon 75006
Or these itty, bitty Limoge pill boxes :(
Chocolate Eiffel Towers simply will not do or last...
And this carrot grater from Pylones does not make the grade...
I checked out all the tourist traps and no shower curtains!
Only T-shirts and earrings and tiny paperweights. Besides the Frenchies don't use shower curtains. Who knew?
How did I miss these wonderfully cheesy touristic dishes. I do not want "elegant" let me make that very clear!
I did find this 25" inch high lamp at Target. Right, ya gotta go to Target to find stuff!? Wa'?
They have this "shimmering" Eiffel Tower shower curtain too-not so mad about it though...
And I got this clock from Amazon today - not really cheesy enough but it will have to do for the time being. I do have a bunch of those Cavallini posters though...
I haven't actually been up in the Eiffel Tower yet...hmmm I guess it's de rigueur next trip. Eeeek
Did you know they will be celebrating the Eiffel Tower's 120th anniversaire in May? Should be spectacular! Do you think they will bring out a shower curtain for the occasion?





One thing you don't see much of is Eiffel Towers decorating the gateaux and tartes of Paris. Not even stamped on ONE macaron? Odd don't you think? Is anyone out there similarly obsessed? Want to start a shower curtain company with me? :)

BON MARDI!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY