Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Late last night I got a comment from michael...
He said...What a wonderful pleasure to stumble upon your blog
while researching for pigment stores in Florence...(know any?).
Your blog is beautiful!
Naturally, being of an impulsive nature,

I had to find the name of that pigment store in Florence tout a suite...
ZECCHI!
I started pawing through my fat file on Italy - mostly Tuscany
Such yummy Tuscan earth colors...
I could do a post on that I thought! I'm easily influenced.
Camille Corot went to Italy to paint for 3 years in 1825, and everyone followed.
I got to Italy for wine adventures, shoe design
and a 3 week artist residency in Poppi.
Ideally, I would really like a Fullbright Scholarship researching Gelato...
So far I've heard niente/nuttin'...
Painting while on the train is a fun thing to do in Italy.
There are tons of trains and the landscape is perfect for sketchbook recording.
And sometimes the trains go very slowly.
You can't think about Tuscan colors without thinking of painter, Piero Della Francesca.
His deep reds, ochres, siennas are the archetypal Tuscan colors that always come to mind.
You better come prepared with those Tuscan earth colors in your paintbox
or just stay home!
True, you can always pick them up in ZECCHI's in Florence.
Well, I hope I answered your question Michael :)
And Grazie tanto for giving me an idea for today's Paris Breakfasts post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY