Friday, August 17, 2007

Grape Picker...

Pomerol grape pickers I really only got to pick grapes one time...
At the October harvest in Riquewihr, Alsace, one of the most beautiful harvests anywhere. And that was only because Ed Lauber of Lauber Imports put in a good word with one of his vineyards.
My 'payment' for standing around holding grape shears in my blistering hands, was sitting at the long vineyard table and sharing a huge luscious lunch. Alsacian grape picking is a family affair. Everyone knows everyone else and every member of the family shows up to help with les vendanges.
Grape pickers at Regaleali vineyards in Sicily At Regaleali Vineyard in Sicily I just watched, as the pickers
sing, chat and pick the grapes in a most leisurely fashion. You can take cooking lessons there with the Countess Anna Tasca-Lanza.
Tuscan grape pickers I only imagined these Tuscan grape pickers. I was never there at harvest time. Tuscan vineyards are some of the most beautiful and idlyic.
Napa Valley, Calilfornia grape picker In Napa Valley, California, the grape pickers don't walk.They run or race to get the job done.
Burgundian 19th century grape pickers More imagined grape pickers, this time in Burgundy where
they used to carry big straw baskets/paniers on their shoulders.
You can sometimes still find these at French ebay...
You'll find all kinds of wine-related goodies on ebay.fr I should know.
I used to spend hours looking for so-called still life objects. I've got a kitchen closet full of taste-vins to prove it!
Pickers in the Medoc, Bordeaux Imagined 19th century Bordeaux pickers...
Grape picker watercolor sketches More imaginary grapepicker doodles.The figures are more fun to draw than the grapes...
The grape picker artiste in pleine aire... I'm way better at wielding a paintbrush than a pair of grape shears/secateurs if I may say so. Some passerby on La Route du vin in the Medoc insisted on taking this quaint picture.
Lordie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY