Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Chocolat and Pistache macarons by PIERRE HERME It's funny but a year ago I had macarons on the mind too.
On August 17, 2006...
Pierre Herme macarons photo by Fanny ZanottiPierre Herme Macaron photo by Fanny Zanotti of Food Beam
And then I read about
Fanny goes into delicious detail of what goes on behind the closed kitchen doors at PH...
She tells us of the bucket where all wrecked macaron lids end up = a sort of circular file.
How we would love to get our hands into that bucket!
I also learned from Fanny that the baked macaron lids are called coques - meaning shells..
Immediately I thought of CLAM shells!
Am I alone in seeing the resemblance?
Two lids containing a delicious filling...
I was reminded too of when Barbara Bleu (shown here) and I went to Bofinger
and shared a plateau a coquillage - a yummy melange of shelled goodies.
Clam shells were also used by 18th century British watercolorists
to hold their paint splodges when they painted outdoors.
Rose and Pistache macarons by Pierre HermeSo clams + macarons + watercolors are all kind of related
if you see what I mean...
After all, a lot of architecture comes right out of nature.
I can only think of the macaron/clam combo at the moment,
but I'm sure this is the case...
So the next time you're about to bite into that macaron...
Think CLAM please/S.V.P.
PS!
you can chew on, while digesting this clam-mac thought...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY