Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Paris Trash

Most people bring back chic stuff from Paris - designer bags, shoes, gloves, perfume, couture socks blah blah blah. I bring back trashy souvenirs from pastry shops, tea salons, candy stores. Like those plastic gelato spoons - these are all my Paris treasures.
I bring home paper sacs. Hey, they're free. Well almost. You do usually have to buy something. Sometimes there's a momento crumb still left inside...sniff
Souvenir napkins- tell me you NEVER brought back a souvenir napkin from Paris. I dare you. They are light weight. The red napkin at the bottom is from tea at Hediard...
Shhhhh...
I did once dumpster dive on Place Madeleine for a perfectly excellent Laduree green box - it called my name... Stickers...YUM!I LOVE French stickers / Les autocollants. I never forget to snag some. Many places have more than one design - candy / confisier stores are terrific for these.
Carte de visit - you can pick up them on the way out the door.
French business cards are the best.
Don't forget you have to ask for the l'addition / bill in a French restaurant. Don't sit there and expect it to show up. And don't dare get up and walk out impatiently. You can land in jail for not paying. Doing dishes is NOT an option in France unless it's behind bars. The exception is in a cafe. They will bring the bill with your order in a special designated dish like instantly.
My l'addition from Hotel Meurice - only thing you can take away that isn't nailed down is this tiny Canderel sugar packet. No sugar cubes, nuttin! You've already seen enough of my sugar cube collection...
Another trash collection gem - a paper bag from some boulangerie.
I tried to smooth out the wrinkles for you :)
This little bag says it all - the care, the attention, the wit that goes into the small, quotidien things of French life..?
What did you bring back? Tell all.

BONJOUR PARIS TRASH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY