Saturday, February 13, 2010

The history of Valentine's Day is impossible to be obtained from any archive.  It is unknown why the 14th day of February is known as Valentine's Day or if the noble Valentine had any relation to the day.  With the veil of centuries gone by it has made the origin of this day more difficult to trace.  Nonetheless, it's one of my favourite days of the year! 

Fall '09 ~ celebrating my 40th birthday in Paris

I vividly remember the first Valentine's Day I spent with my husband.  We had been dating nearly 3 months.  We dined at our favourite restaurant, it sat beside the airport runway.  He gave me a dozen beautiful red roses, chocolates and a lovely ruby heart pendant.  The heart pendant was one that I admired whilst we passed a jewelry store window a month or two prior.  I had forgotten about it until he gave it to me!  He has always been thoughtful that way.  

There is one happiness in life, to love and be loved ~ George Sand

Cupid and Psyche at The Louvre, Paris

The best thing in life to hold onto is eachother ~ Audrey Hepburn


Some loves last a lifetime.  True love lasts forever ~  unknown


Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistably desired ~ unknown


You know you are in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams ~ Dr Seuss


Wishing you a Valentine's Day filled with love, happiness and champagne!

Au Revoir!  xoxo, B




                                                                                

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY