Monday, February 22, 2010

Success at Sonia

BINGO!
I hit pay dirt!! I am the FIRST person on line at one of the H&Ms that have the affordable Sonia Rykiels Saturday morning! I got there at 7:45 and the store opens at 9 am. 10 minutes later 2 Russian pros from Brooklyn arrive. They're gabbing away excitedly in Russian. I implore them, how does this work? Have you done this before?
Ya, ya, we did Jimmy Choos, Comme des Garcons, all of the H&M designer sales.
WOW!
First you have to figure out what you want.
There can be fighting, they warn me.
What?
I study the merch in the windows carefully...
And my knitwear expert friend tells me these sweaters/pull are "intarsia" so they would normally run around $450 a sweater!!
YAHOO
By the way, Sonia was the 1st designer to have smiling, dancing, talking models prance down her runways and she still does. Her clothes are witty, fun, interchangeable and wearable like FOREVER!
The prices at H&M are RIDICULOUS!
Eeek
The Russkies tell me to map out a floor plan. Be prepared when they open the doors at 9 am and grab, grab, grab.
And I do!
They give us gigantic plastic bags to throw our booty into. I saw a guy in a mink shorty with THREE bags packed to the brim - he was either gonna resell on Ebay or send it off to China to knock it off.
It happens/il arrive..
Decisions, decisions...
It's like Jour du Macaron in Paris ...
Which flavors/colors to get?
Sonia, these shorts are gorgeous, but Hey we're Americans not Frenchies! An obvious non-non so the decision is easy here...
This very long all-cotton scarf is oui oui! I got 2 of them - Ya never know...moths, stuff gets lost etc. etc.
One thing at a free-for-all like this is (well practically free), if you're undecided, GET IT!
No questions asked.
You can ask later and return it if you must.
You have 30 days.
Going home on the metro I feel like someone who has robbed a bank. I did. I worry about terrorists stealing my 2 fat bags of Sonia booty and warily look around for potential thieves.
Who's paranoid? Who's feeling a guilty?
Not me!
Ice cream is definitely off the menu for a while...forever?
So did YOU go?
Did you get good stuff?
Tell all!!!
BONJOUR MY NEW SONIA RYKIELS!
I love you H&M xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY