Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Paris Greys

Yesterday in New York was a very grey day.
It was incredibly windy and rainy and GREY!
UGH
Paris is grey all the time and who minds?
I don't. Do you?
I've written about Paris greys over and over again...
Frankly I can't get enough of Paris greys...
Even the Luxembourg park is grey...so poetic don't you think?
It can be grey inside too at the Musee des arts decoratives.
I have heard Parisiens rant on how Paris is so grey it's practically suicidal. And how they ADORE New York's blue skies...hmmm
Parisiens dress almost exclusively in greys and neutrals, so I'm not sure why they complain so about the greyness...
But I had an A HA! moment as I was gazing at all this lovely greyness. Isn't this why Paris patisseries are such a welcome refuge?
All the wild colors and frivolity...
All the insane playfulness and innovation...
While French cuisine may be dragging it's heels as Michael Steinberger says in Au Revoir To All That, certainment French patissiers are busy kicking up their heels like crazy non?
And isn't French pastry the best antidote in the world to greyness?
Especially after a long day tramping around in the damp, cold, wet, grey, cobbled streets of Paris?
BONJOUR PARIS GREYS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY