Monday, May 12, 2008

Teapot Onboard

#110 Tiny Doll Teapot, original watercolor - SOLD, 9" x 11"
A good teapot is hard to find...

Believe me I looked all over Paris. These Apilco teapots were at BHV.

This set was display at Musee de la Poupee Paris was perfect! But not for sale of course.

I did buy this teapot at the Doll museum.
Sadly they told me, not only was it not vintage, it was probably from China... Not even French.

Last week I went for my weekly jaunt to Tiny Doll House looking for a bud vase...ahem

There was a plethora of adorable mini teapots calling out to me.
Jeanette, Mistress of Long Ears Manor (she hunts rabbits or so she claims) asked, "Are these all miniatures that you're painting lately?"
Well yes they are..mostly. It's much easier to get good lighting and nice shadows with the minis. And all I need is my desk lamp.

And here is the perfect teapot! Naturally I brought along a cup and macaron from home for the test run. SIZE is everything when you're searching for the right teapot!
I resisted this tea towel, but the memory lingers on... Should I get it? Yes or no?
I'm still crazy for these Parisien glass teapots or any glass teapot for that matter.
This tiny Re-ment Disney 50's Cafe teapot will have to do till something better comes along. If you see a good teapot (preferably 3/4" high) please give a shoutout. I'm still looking...

BONNE JOURNEE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY