Monday, May 19, 2008

French Tea

French Tea#113 French High Tea, original watercolor - SOLD, 9" x 11"
Everyone thinks it's the British that started the whole tea thing but...
French Tea But in fact, according to reknown letter-writer, Madame de Sévigné (1626 to 1696), tea first arrived in Paris in 1636 (22 years before it appeared in England!) and quickly became popular among the aristocracy
French Tea Even Marie-Antoinette took tea all the time. And it was a Frenchwoman, the Marquise de la Sablière, who initiated the fashion of adding milk to tea. "Madame de la Sablière took her tea with milk, as she told me the other day, because it was to her taste" reported Madame de Sévigné. (By the way, the English delighted in this "French touch" and immediately adopted it.)
French Tea I have Carole Manchester's French Tea (lurking around here somewhere) and I will find it and finally read it instead of just looking at the beautiful pictures...ahem
I once was brave and went upstairs and took a delightful afternoon tea at Fauchon. The upstairs renovation is complete now and I'll visit next time. I did peek in Laduree's windows...
French Tea And even went inside to meet M. for tea!
Yesterday Rochelle asked me: I'm taking my parents to Paris next week and I'd love to take them to a lovely salon de the or pastry shop. What would you recommend that's wonderful and has great atmosphere but isn't crazily expensive?
Hmmm...may I suggest the original Laduree on rue Royal with the gorgeous painted cupid ceilings? A pot of tea and shared macarons shouldn't break the bank...hopefully...
French TeaAs you can see I can take French tea anytime I want at chez ParisBreakfast...and first chance I'll get this new Re-ment French tea tier soon I hope.
BONNE JOURNEE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY