Friday, December 18, 2009

Sherry-Lehmann

It's always around 3am when you're rummaging around in your closet that you stumble on bits of your past you'd forgotten about...



In one of my 9 (or 90) past lives I used to illustrate wine catalogs for New York Sherry-Lehmann...

I've always been influenced by Toulouse-Lautrec's drawings...

And for this Xmas catalog...

I did many direct take-offs from Lautrec's lithographs....



Lautrec was in fact influenced by the influx into France of Japanese woodblock prints. These too have long been a favorite of mine...



Another take-off...



Last night I watched a favorite French farce -

Prete-Moi Ta Main / I Do - How To Get Married And stay Single





In it, the lead actress, Charlotte Gainsbourg (who I plan to come back as FYI) while visiting her perspective inlaws impresses them...

By correctly identifing the wine as Bordeaux and from Chateau Latour. I might get the appelation but never the exact chateau even though I've sat in their vineyards and drawn the famous La Tour...

I've drawn onsite at Chateau Margaux too, but don't expect much from me at a blind tasting...



My pen is way better than my nose anyday of the week...

What will you be drinking this holiday?



No one draws animals like Lautrec...

This Champagne hound is a distant relative of T-L's I hope...


BON WEEK-END!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY