Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What French Women Know

Sometimes publishers send me books about the French woman...
Yesterday I took a second look at, What French Women Know...thinking it was going to be another book telling us unsavvy Americains how to tie our scarves and eat leek soup daily...not at all!
I found myself completely engaged. Granted the French woman does think differently than us. Very differently and that's what this book is about. You can see I've begun to liberally mark it up. I'm a book-wrecker of the 1st order. If only I'd had a yellow marker...
French women start thinking differently in kindergarden - books on philosophy for kids at the Paris Salon de Livre! I was amazed.
Granted I'm very caught up in how different French women look from us and they start getting the training early...
Why is it they can pull off messy hair better than anybody - is it because a hairdresser created that?
They put on our jeans and look so &^%$# chic!
Parisianne Anne says I mustn't say chic, but rather C'EST classe. Chic is passe it seems...
French women put on OUR Converse "baskets" and they look so much better! Heck...I've been told not to swear on PB...ahem
Being de classe isn't an age thing either...
For ze French woman...
Well Debra Oliver's book is not caught up in all these visual, superficial, surfacy things the way I am, but it's quite engrossing and I can recommend it to you whole heartedly, since we are obsessed with these Frenchies one way or another. It's thought provoking and it just came out, so au currant.
At least there's one thing we women agree upon, French and Americain...
We ALL LOVE MACARONS!
What do you think about French women? Are you in awe..?
BONJOUR FRENCH WOMEN! We salute you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY