Tuesday, September 15, 2009

When your external hard drive breaks on you, you lose a lot of memories. But then when its fixed, they all come back with renewed inspiration. That's how I re-discovered these lost photos of the now long gone New York Fauchon...
Petale de Rose tea, original watercolor, 9' x 11"
I used to buy Fauchon's rose petal tea - Boutons de Rose... Admittedly I never ever brewed it. But it looked so pretty in the bottle - the stuff of Paris dreams...
Of course the macarons were the main attraction at the New York Fauchon and lighting in the case made the colors even brighter than they were...sigh
Framboise...yum
This is my all time favorite photo I think, taken at just that intense moment of anticipation - waiting, waiting...
New York Fauchon was a pink heaven and everything was a delight to paint.
Fauchon I made weekly pilgrimages to browse and admire, sometimes to buy and taste - my favorite New York Museum...
Fauchon Fauchon's design is so classy - irresistable.
FauchonWhen they were closing the store I got one of these little "porte-etiquettes" signs saying petit dejeuner - very irresistable!
Fauchon I never got to taste this gateaux, but I might as well have, I spent that much time admiring it...
Fauchon

They had the loveliest tea salon at the New York Fauchon, where on special occasions I'd go for hot chocolate. And they would always give you a gratis bon bon at the end of your meal...

Please come back to New York Fauchon! I miss you much...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY