Monday, January 26, 2009

PetalBelle...

PetalBelle Hot Chocolate, original watercolor, sold 5" x 7"
I've been trying to visit "Frenchie" cafes every week in New York...
In this case PetalBelle is decidedly Belgian in Soho at 158 Sullivan Street...
Still you can almost see Belgium from France so... And all the accoutraments are very frenchie to me...
I love the menu writing on the pastry case...



PetalBelle's specialty is the "Liege" waffle or gauffres a rather cakey waffle sold on every street corner back in Liege...
I loved these display still lifes....


So paintable...

There were some French-speaking customers nearby...


Still more perfect still life material....

Floor and chairs and tables get the PB "Frenchie" seal of approval...ahem
Atmosphere is EVERYTHING, though the lighting could be gentler in my opinion...

My order - Hot chocolate and the Liege gauffre...

You must bring a book to a place like this...

I brought the perfect book - Judith Jone's THE TENTH MUSE
Go on Amazon and read a few pages and you'll be hooked too. Particularly since they feature Judith's exciting youth spent in Paris...
But it's really about the evolution of taste in America (Judith edited Julia Childs, James Beard, Marion Cunningham and many great American cookbook authors). Mainly the Tenth Muse made me think about my own sense of taste...I must be more experimental!
BON LUNDI!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY