Wednesday, January 7, 2009

For the birds...

Baroque bluebird, watercolor on Etsy, sold 5" x 7"
Since I've started blogging almost 3 years ago all sorts of new obsessions have developed.... birds,
One of them is since they're so much fun to draw...
Rococo bird, watercolor on Etsy,sold 5" x 7"

Plus they make the perfect companion to macarons...
birds everywhere
And you do see , like on these plates at ANTHROPOLOGIE...
This Chrismas ostrich decorating Bendels is not a good example really.... But this diamond-adorned Peacock at Harry Winstons certainly is. I went to the Met research library to look at Rococo drawings and found this bird caricature of a printseller by Jean-Charles Delafosse...
My doodle...
I keep finding myself buying bird-related items like these Victorian die cuts

on Etsy from The Seasonal Cottage.

This bird-adorned Marie-Antoinette desk calendar from Digital Paperie occasionally lets out a chirp...

I found this vintage birdguide on Etsy too...

And promptly lost it amidst the apartment painting.
I'm hoping it will let out some chirps so I can find it again....
Last year's bird aquisitions are still in residence, very busily chirping away...

As for real birds, I bought myself a present =
A big bag of birdseed to feed the sparrows on my way to the pool.
So far they are not yet greeting me with open wings.
Hopefully by springtime...
~
BONNE OISEAUX!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY