Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bleu Willow, original watercolor, 5" x 7"
More on blue...blue and white...

Things are not moving along swiftly on my redecoration/transition from IKEA

To Frenchie toile-ness...

My living room is looking decidedly bedroomish...after all that is a bedspread thrown on my couch :(

I wish I'd gotten this lamp at Le musée de la toile...

Or better yet, for contrast, all of this china at Chateau Vaux de Vicomte gift shop.

These ginger pots would be a nice addition from a Parisien shop seen at night...

I love Susanne's Blue strawberry plates = perfect addition!

This Blue Willow teapot at Pearl River Department store on Broadway isn't too bad, a bit schlocky...ahem

I'd much rather have Carolyne Roehm picking out items for me...

Or next best have her gorgeous book for reference...
A Passion for Blue and White

Cheryl Maclachlan's Bringing it Home - France, tells me I should go for "mettre en relief".
A melange of contrasted of textures and patterns to "create depth of field by layering the foreground, center and background of a space - an interplay of textures on every plane and surface".
Now THAT'S French style!

If only I has something big, blue and impressive like this in my living room all my problems would be solved.
Your decorating tips are most welcome!
HELP!!!
~
BON BLEU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY