Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Paris Books

Macaron Bookmark, original watercolor - SOLD, 9" x 11"
One of the fun things I love to do in Paris is haunt the bookstores...
Do you think French guides to Paris are bound to have secrets lurking within, that the books we get at home don't?
I love this series by PARISGRAMME - not too hard to figure out no matter how meager your French and only 100 pages long. And they fit nicely in your handbag. I have the chocolate and tea salon books of this series and only 6 Euros.
Another series I love are the CARNET DE PARIS put out by Equinoxe. Little sketchbooks of the different arrondissements in Paris.
I bought this cookbook with high hopes. HA! My baking skills are nil but the pictures are nice...
I LOVE this book! One book I'll never regret buying is this Laduree book.
And it's in English/French so you get a lecon thrown in.
Sometimes I take quickie shots of pictures that inspire me...ahem Blurry jam..
What is it about jam jars? Nostalgia for times past you never had?
If I see an inspiring watercolor how-to book I'll grab a shot, this one in W.H.Smith on rue de Rivoli near Angelinas. They always have the latest Brit watercolor books.
The French version of a Jean Dobie book - I was hoping this could jump-start my painting in Paris. I have it at home in English so...
I loved the cover of this catalog but not much else inside...
I just bought Art Buchwald's book this morning on Amazon for $0.01. I'm long overdue reading it. Do you have favorite books you've bought in Paris? Tell me about them.
BONNE JOURNEE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY