Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Les Fruits Rouges

Tarte aux Fruits rouges, original watercolor, 9" x 11"
I have a passion for RED fruity tarts...

I know...I know...I have a passion for a lot of things...like ice cream cones and minis and...

But there is something about a French RED fruity tarte that sets my heart going pitter, patter..
The funny thing is, I don't feel a dire need to EAT these RED fruity tarts?! Go figure..
I guess it's like the way some folks feel about their Manolos... I can not walk by a red fruity tart without collecting a photo of it...a keep sake, a momento...go figure..
Pierre Herme cleverly adds some green into his RED fruity gateaux. No pastry chef knows their color wheel like Pierre Herme!
Well except Gerard Mulot who can be counted on to get his colors right too. Green always acts as a color compliment to RED and will intensify the RED just that much more - neat trick non?
When I was at Chateau Vaux le Vicomte waiting to get my ticket, I looked down on the gift shop and saw red tarte, red tarte, red tarte! That's how fixated I've become :(
Now here's a RED tarte I would love to get my paws on..and it's all of an 1 1/4" in diameter. Well so is the tarte I painted today. Hey calorie-FREE! Next trip I will actually EAT a RED fruit tarte. I am making this vow publicly (because supposedly people do follow-up more responsibly). I feel I owe it to you to at least try the "unavailable" RED TARTE!
ENOUGH with this admiring from afar!
The origin of my true love and at Hediard no less...
Also at HEDIARD - the perfect RED tins of tea to go with your red tarte dessert...
If anyone knows what this cute little Japanese bunny is please do tell. It's a mystery to me but still fun to paint (see above watercolor). Oh THANK YOU dear readers, for coming to the Garden Party Watercolor Sale! It's still on for a few more days if you'd like to have a souvenir on your wall of all the good times we've had here at PB.
FYI: A How-to pronounce the French RED Fruits guide


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY