Thursday, March 6, 2008

Salade Composee

Salade Composee When PB readers ask me where to eat in Paris I immediately think of Restaurant yaourt and Restaurant Salade Composee...
Salade Composee You can pretty much depend on getting an excellent salad at most cafes...
Salade ComposeeJette had this salmon salad at Cafe Journaux on on rue Rambuteau , 75003 in the Marais.
Salade ComposeeAnd M. had this salade composee. But what is it?
Julia Child says, "A handsomely arranged combination salad can be the solution for what to serve at an informal spur-of-the-moment meal. The trick is to toss all of the elements separately in vinaigrette, letting some marinate for 10-20 minutes if they need to take on flavor.
Then ... arrange your work of art, each part of it is perfectly seasoned."
Salade Composee Salad composee at most museum cafes is a work of art and tasty to boot. My salade at Musee Jacquemart-Andre. Just be sure to get a seat early! Like by 11:30. The line is horrendous :(
And a Thai prawn salad at the Musee Guimet cafe.
A salade Nicoise at the Salon du Chocolat, because a girl needs to cleanse her palate after multi lashings of 70% chocolate.
Salade ComposeeA fast salad composee at CO-JEAN'S chain of eateries.
My favorite salad in Paris is at Au Vieux Colombier Brasserie with a giant marinated artichoke tossed on top at 65, rue de Renne 75006.
This sounded interesting on the Delicabar menu at Bon Marche -
Salade toute orange...
Salade Composee And turned out to be dreadful :(
Carrot scrapings on top of mushed orange lentils in an orange bowl!?
Gimme a break! Oh yeah and for ELEVEN EUROS too!
I thought this salad "shake" in Switzerland looked intriguing...
My sister just got back from Paris on Sunday.
"How was the dollar?" I asked, since I'm leaving in a week and a half.
A low moan came through the phone...
"Horriblemente!"
"TAKE PROVISIONS!", she said
"Provisions? What?" says moi.
"Yes. Take smoked salmon, sardines...
TAKE APPLES!"
"Wa'? OK" says moi :(
Wouldn't you just know I got this email from Fauchon today...
This is NOT what I will be eating in Paris -
Fauchon diamond Easter eggs, but I'll be doing plenty of looking and shooting, unless they arrest me - then I get to eat free French prison food.
Eats, Shoots and Runs
Just forget the "Eats" part of the equation...
I think I'll be able to afford a l'eau mineral at Cafe Le Select..well I hope so.
If you care about
PB, SEND APPLES! VITE!
And if you want to make your own salade composee check out ehow.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY