Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Magnolia Bakery

Magnolia Bakery
New York Memories, original watercolor, 9" x 12"
I'm back on the streets of New York, PB readers. I'm on assignment!
I'm researching cupcakes at MAGNOLIA BAKERY for a painting commission from PARIS!
Magnolia Bakery I looked in the Magnolia Bakery window at 401 Bleecker Street, on the corner of West 11th Street. It was Bedlam. Hands grabbing at multi trays of cupcakes.
Was a bake sale going on ?
Do they mark down their cuppies after 4PM like at Eleni's NY?
YIKES! I better get in there and get mine.
Magnolia Bakery First you grab your box.
Magnolia BakeryThen you have to choose.
Decisions...decisions...
Magnolia BakeryThey brought out a fresh tray of cupcakes. YAY
I asked someone...are they on sale?

They looked at me like if I was crazy :)
Magnolia BakeryMagnolia Bakery is full of signs -
CAKE RULES!
It's a little bit like going off to summer camp once you enter the bakery.
ONLY 12 CUPCAKES PER PERSON!
(Or off with your head)
Magnolia BakeryORDER WELL IN ADVANCE FOR HOLIDAYS!
Magnolia BakeryBE MINDFUL.
DO NOT REST YOUR PURSE OR CUPCAKE BOX IN THE CAKE DISPLAY WINDOW!
Magnolia Bakery Of course that is my cupcake box with my one little cuppie sitting in the lower left of the CAKE DISPLAY WINDOW.
OUCH! Hey wait, these cakes are mighty pretty...
And Magnolia has very pretty Key lime cheesecakes...
Magnolia BakeryAND chocolate pudding mini pies...
Magnolia BakeryNot to forget this FAB peppermint icebox cake. WOW
Very traditional American old fashioned cakery going on here.
And you can make all of these if you get
The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook.
Magnolia Bakery Back on the street I noticed the cupcake icer applying her pastry arts skillfully to each cuppie.When she saw me taking a picture, she shook her finger at me...just like in France. Hey, I'm out on the street? It's true that there are BIG cupcake wars in New York City. And everyone guards their secrets like diamonds.
Magnolia BakeryMy one beautiful cupcake... I don't even like cupcakes, cake or icing, but I must admit I gobbled it down later on after the sketches were done. J'adore Les Cupcakes! Temptation is rampant at Paris Breakfast.
What's a girl to do? ? ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY