Tuesday, June 1, 2010

An Eclair-A-Day Diet

Deux eclair, watercolor, 9 x 11
Steph wrote me this morning and inspired today's post,
"chocolate eclair over cake ANY day...in fact, I did so much walking in Paris a couple years ago, I made it a point to eat an eclair a day -
I would walk it off anyway :)
Does it get any better?
True you will have to walk if off in Paris.
and also true you will have to hit all the best patisseries for this diet to be effective, starting here with Sadaharu Aoki and his matcha tea eclair.
Next stop Laduree for an eclair pistache - I must try this. Oh why am I always distracted by the macarons? La Maison du Chocolat has this artfully designed eclair. The once delightful patisserie La Bonniere de Buci had this giant 12" eclair which may well cover 2-3 days or 4-5 people on le regime... Gerard Mulot offers up two flavors at his 6th arrondissement not-to-be-missed neighborhood patisserie. Remember only one-a-day PBers! If eclairs are an anathema to you, why not substitute Angelina's eclairesque macalons. Perhaps two equal one eclair?

You could do yourself a favor and just hangout at Eclair Central. i.e. Fauchon.
It doesn't have to be an 'Eclair Weekend' but certainment, it couldn't hurt...
Christophe Adam-Fauchon Drawing by Fauchon chef Christoph Adams
Particularly for the eclair-obsessed, this is the place for you!
The most inventive eclairs on the planet are at Fauchon, so if you want some variety in your eclair regime Fauchon is the place to go.
The pictures tell the story...
Better than I can...
Get on line PBers and order that eclair!
Part of the deal - wear your eclairesque ballerinas bien sur.
I haven't figured out yet if you're allowed to eat anything else besides eclairs on this diet. I'm working on it. As soon as I get packed and on the plane and and and...more details to follow.
BONJOUR ONE-ECLAIR-A-DAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY