Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sunday in Paris

Sunday morning in Paris is perfect to go foraging for desserts.You must start early. M and I leave by 9:30 am joining the joggers and dog walkers. While Paris sleeps you'll catch all the best desserts that got away all week, when you walzed in the late afternoon to find zilch... A Paris restaurant 'guard' cat watches us as we go off to forage... Gerard Mulot is always buzzing with activity on Sunday from dessert foragers... I'm looking for desserts to shoot and later paint... Never easy at Mulot - too many to choose from... Ah ha! This chocolate dome will do the trick. I send off M. with the booty while I head on for more treasures. She has instructions to carry the desserts gingerly... Laduree's vitrines are full of springy colors and flowers to honor the new macaron flavor, Mimosa. Mine is resting in the freezer...

And the newest dainty coffret/box to hold the macarons - the adorable Madame Pomador box.
Why do I always feel like this 5-year old inside Laduree Bonaparte, full of excitement and anticipation..? I manage to walk away with THREE cupcakes!
Sunday brunch awaits some lucky late sleepers...
I head off to Pierre Herme on rue Bonaparte. The windows are impossible to shoot, full of reflections. And photographing inside is now strictly verboten. I have a plane to catch on Monday so...
One last pit stop for the elusive sesame eclair at patisserie Sadaharu Aoki. It's M.'s birthday and she must have a sesame eclair bien sur!
Back at the apartment I photograph like mad in the beautiful overcast morning light. Pierre Herme's Cherry Pistachio tarte looks an awful lot like M.'s bumpy Japanese tetsubin teapot.
But the PH cerise/cherry comes in handy as a prop for the other setups...
Laduree's pistache cupcake + cerise... The other two patiently await their turn. I've never been an eater of cupcakes, but suddenly I'm converted. I wolf down the citron, naturally only after shooting...
Later I meet up with Amy of Sweet Freak at Carette's newest tea salon in the Marais at 25, Place des Voges...
It's impossible to eat even one bite of Amy's clafoutis.
I'm desserted out.
Still, can you think of a better way to spend a Sunday in Paris?
I'm back in New York, unpacking, paying bills, and heading out to the pool to work off that citron cupcake!
BONJOUR DIMANCHE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY