Monday, June 28, 2010

Champagne et macarons, watercolor, 9" x 11"
This past weekend I was remembering some Champagne days of yore... I got to spend a week at the then newly decorated manor house owned by Veuve Clicquot set in the vineyards of Verzy... Roselyne very kindly invited me to stay and paint the house and the vineyards... It could have been Champagne for breakfast everyday if I was that kind of girl. The gigantic refrigerator was chock full of jeroboams and nothing else. I don't mind a tiny frigo full of macarons, but I like my hot chocolate first thing in the morning, not that I want to sound fussy or anything... The landscape was idylic. Perfection really...

Sitting out there in the midst of the Champagne grapes, I felt a bit like Van Gogh minus the straw hat...
I was just figuring out how to paint vineyards so...
I missed my chance to paint the manor house/domaine and only figured out how to paint chateaux much later on.
Here's a terrific book out on the widow Clicquot FYI.
And another on the famous 'Yellow' of Veuve Clicquot...
If you'd like to have a Champagne made with your name on it you can, like Laduree...
Or Pierre Herme...
Someday there will be a Champagne Paris Breakfast just maybe...
Qui sait?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY