Thursday, June 24, 2010

the newest member of our family ~ Monsieur Bogart "Bogie".  In earlier posts, I have mentioned our beloved French Bulldog, Mlle Coco.  We are over the moon in love with her!  She is an angel ~ loving, smart and great with the kids.  What more can you ask for in a companion?  I don't think a day goes by without someone in our family saying how happy they are that we have her and how wonderful she is.  Thursday evening, I decided to begin my search for a French Bulldog puppy.  I searched the website of the rescue that we adopted Mlle Coco and there he was ~

When I saw these photos of him, I instantly knew he was "The One"!

I emailed Diana to ask if he was still available.  She quickly replied to my email and asked that I telephone her.  We did not need to go through the background check since we had previously adopted from them.  Diana asked when we would like to pick him up and my reply was on Tuesday, June 22nd.  I thought it would be our first available day for the long 12 hour round trip drive; however, I woke up my husband at 3am to say we must get him today!  He agreed =)  14 hours later, Monsieur Bogart was in our arms and we were on our way home!  During our trip home, Bogie napped in his new bed as each of the children took turns holding him.

On our way home with Bogie!

We were curious what Mlle Coco's reaction would be when she met Bogie.  To our delight, she has been FABULOUS!  They were awake until 3:30am that night, playing and running throughout the house.  She lets him jump on her, chew on her ears, share her toys and bed (although he has many of his own=)  We are very proud of her!

Mlle Coco and M Bogart

I highly recommend Diana at FurKidsRUs.  We have had two great experiences with them. We only rescue our pets as we feel there are too many pets in need of loving homes.  If FurKidsRUs would not purchase the surrendered Frenchies, they would go to a puppy auction.  Breeders attend the auctions to bid on the puppies, then take them back into a kennel environment to produce puppies.  Mlle Coco was surrendered due to being a bit underweight at birth.  At 16 months, she was a healthy 24/25 lbs ~ the average weight for a Frenchie is 22lbs - 28lbs.  I forgot to ask why Monsieur Bogart was surrendered.  To be honest, we don't care.  Just look at how perfect he is!

Au Revoir!  xoxo, B


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY