Thursday, November 19, 2009

DC, NYC and a Contest

Yesterday while you were munching your way through Patisserie des Reves yummy goodies, I was at The White House painting Bo's portrait...only kidding. But I was in Washington DC...
Visiting the DC Alliance Francaise.
I will be exhibiting the Paris Facade watercolors there in September 2010 YAY
After measuring and picture-taking I was hungry, so I dropped into Bistro Du Coin nearby...
A little closeup on my soup d'onion...
Then I ran to The Phillips Collection also close by.
For a quick race around...
Before running off to catch the bus back to New York.
Ah...back in New York
More news and the contest!
I will have an exhibit of the Paris Facades at
The James Beard Foundation in May-June of 2010.
It will be in their Greenhouse Gallery
Now for some background and hints:
The Greenhouse Gallery exhibits the works of up-and-coming and established artists who work with culinary themes. Providing artists with a space to show their work not only enhances the overall ambience of the room during events, it’s also in keeping with the Foundation’s mission to celebrate, preserve, and nurture America’s culinary heritage and diversity. Past exhibits have featured mouthwatering food photography, romantic watercolors of mealtime still lifes, and exuberant mixed-media collages.

THE PRIZE!
is this watercolor if you can come up with a catchy, witty title for the show that incorporates food and Paris. The people who come to the Beard House are foodies, in the food biz and they probably love Paris (who doesn't?)
How can I catch their attention?
I'm tossing the ball in to your park.
Here are some of the crumby titles I came up with :(
Paris Pets
Wine and cheese in Paris
Paris Pastry
I am showing wine shops, bistros, cafes not just pastry
Paris Food Scenes
Paris Fancy
Springtime in Paris
Affair with Paris
L'Amour de Paris
Paris Love Affair
Paris Feasts
Paris Fete
The RULES:
You can use French
Keep it to 3 words tops-2 words would be better
Put yr entry in the comments here pls.
Deadline: Midnight tonight!
BONJOUR TITLE CONTEST!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY