Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Automne à Paris

Cranberries - bet you thought we owned them.
Nope these were shot in Paris. Imported from Vermont?
Leeks /poireaux are definitely a Frenchie veggie - they own this one.
And marrons/chestnuts. Oui, they own it.
And Soupe de marrons...oui aussi.
Recette de soupe de Potiron/pumpkin- regarde!
Photo from l'Internaut
So here's the Paris Fall story/histoire d'automne...
I was in a Paris mall with French Girl and asked, "what are all those polka-dotted mushroom-like things in the shop windows?"
"It's Fall. Mushrooms are the symbol of Automne - it's when we go picking wild mushrooms in the forest."
Uh huh...like here at Laduree?
Oui.
So do all Parisien shop owners meet at the Mairie/town hall? And do they hand out polka-dotted mushrooms and dryed leaves? I think they do. Every window/vitrine has the same stuff...
Here Jeff de Bruges offers a special automne collection of chocolats
Why don't I see this in New York? 'Cause it's New York. Only in Paris are there seasonal couture-style collections of chocolates and macarons...
Champange is good anytime...non? it's even better with champignon d'Automne/mushrooms.
Fauchon decked their halls with stags and bunnies...
And Fall leaves bien sur.
More gold feuille/leaves...
Macarons in Fall colors-well they look Fallish to me.
Yesterday I passed a restaurant window in my neighborhood decorated with falling leaves. I thought, Eeeep. Fall is almost over. I haven't shown you Paris Fall! Et voila. Well I must go get me some choux de Bruxelles PDQ and make my Thanksgiving dish.
What are YOU making?
BONJOUR AUTOMNE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY