Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blé Sucré

Here's some Paris torture for ya!
And for me too, since I'm back in chilly New York. The above viennoiserie is the famously unpronouncable and unspellable Breton kouign amann, an impossibly buttery, caramelized pastry...
That took me out of the apartment last Saturday to go to Blé Sucré in the 12th near Marche Aligre and you should go too!
Well, that is if you want go off your diet with a bang and never regret a single bite. This utterly delicious thing is called a "paille" something or other (does it look like straw to you?). I had one the day before or else I would have indulged. Getting powdered sugar down your front is one of the memorable experiences from eating paille filled with raspberry confiture. Oh yeah, you'll get jam on your chin too. This is the most unmanagable of French pastries and well worth it. Have you tried one?
I pray gratefully many times that I do not love whipped cream. I am a sucker for any tarte citron I come across. I did have one of Blé Sucre's and it was absolutemente excellent.
Did I mention that Ble's Fabrice Le Bourdat, was formerly a pastry chef at Le Bristol and it shows. Though the prices do not as you can see.
I am thankful I found Blé Sucre just 2 days before leaving Paris or the results of my summer regime would have been completement fini.
The wall of homemade jams - I got the l'abricot - there was a stick of vanilla inside...sigh
They do have macarons and I should have gotten some, but I was loaded with enough goodies as it was. I went straight home to try them out. You can get lunch at Blé Sucre too.
Eat it on their terrace overlooking Square Trousseau, while gazing in at all the possible dessert choices...
Addresse: 7, rue Antoine Vollon 12th
Metro: Ledru Rollin
*Closed on Mondays and Sunday afternoon
BONJOUR Blé Sucré et Merci!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY