Monday, July 21, 2008

THE RE-MENT BOOK

#157B French Treats , original watercolor, SOLD, 9" x 11"
Sometimes you're willing to make a "Faustian Bargain" (i.e. a deal with the devil) to get a book or some other prized object...
You'd even consider giving up your left elbow for said prized object of your desire...ahem
I've mentioned before, that since I first laid eyes on Pierre Herme's Mini Dessert Collection, I've become an ardent collector of miniatures..
I finally just got my paws on the MUCH sought after mini Croquembouche and I can't wait to paint it!!! YAY
This is just a mini portion of my ever growing collection...ahem
OK Now for the elbow-worth book that all Re-ment Addicts dream of...
THIS is our Holy Grail..our Good Book..we dream about THIS book! It came out in 2005 and is ONLY in Japanese - all 130 pages of it.
It's called Re-ment Book by the way...
It is basically a soft bound catalog of all the miniature sets Re-ment brought out since they started producing these fabulously detailed wonders. Did I mention that Re-ment is in Japan and all the minis are made in China?
All of the sets are "blind-boxed" so you never know what you are going to get. Well that is if you live in Japan and walk into your local grocery store where there are stacks of Re-ment boxes. Each set, like the French Treats Set shown in the watercolor, is a limited edition. After a bit, they break the molds, making the set a collectors item and more valuable. There's a hot and heavy biz on Ebay for these minis.
Or you can go to Rement Queen, pay a set price and know exactly what's inside your box and be assured of getting it quickly. Most ebay dealers are in China...
Well now you know about one more of my obsessions, along with shooting ice cream cones and...Oh I forget all the obessions I have!
Anyone read Japanese here? S.O.S.
BONJOUR RE-MENT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY