Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Friend Sue

#158B Sue's Tea Cup, 9" x 11"
Last week a surprise package arrived full of little teacups from my friend Sue...
I met Sue on Flickr. She would be the first one to leave comments on my watercolors and they were such persceptive comments.
"I love that tin and the "sugar scoop" ...so painterly. And the peony and glass are beautifully accomplished with just a few sweeps of paint."
"...love the swirls on the left, and those cherries are excellent--I particularly like the one with lavendar/bluish tinges on the right..."
"...What a wonderful marriage of colors."

Bluebird watercolor by Suzanne Smith

It turns out that Sue not only takes fantastic photos of birds, which flock to her doorstep with wild abandon, but she paints them beautifully! Sue has a collection of flower vases up the whazoo and takes divine photos of them....
Flower Vase watercolor by Suzanne Smith

And then she paints them too!
Did I mention Sue's garden..well Sue lives in North Carolina but she definitely has a green thumb!
Sue started a blog recently and you HAVE to visit puleeeeze! A Brush with Color -It's a daily delight full of her photos, paintings and great quotations like:

"I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.”(Claude Monet)

And:
Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can."(Danny Kaye)
What a wonderful life I’ve had. I only wish I’d realized it sooner!” (Colette)
God gives every bird his worm, but He does not throw it into the nest.”(P D James)

Sue's delightful work can be seen on Zazzle . Sue nudged me to go on Zazzle too...

When I was showing off my messy studio I begged Sue to show hers... She sent me this photo and self-effacing note, This is all I have for a studio...

Sue has even painted her studio! This would be a near impossible task for me I fear...Sue has just done a book on Blurb and is gently nudging me to do one...

Please take a look. It's lovely!

Sue doesn't know I'm doing this post...she might decide to sue me. I hope not :)
BONJOUR Sue!

PS all photos and watercolors are by Suzanne Smith(c) (except for Yellow Bird..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY