Monday, August 23, 2010

Saudade Do Brasil

Did you see Eat Pray Love yet?
It will make you want to catch the next flight out for Bali...
It made me want to run back to Brazil...
And not just because Javier Bardem (who is Spanish) plays such a terrific Brasileiro. But the EAT PRAY LOVE soundtrack has at least 3 Brazilian songs that break your heart.
9. Samba Da Bençáo / Bebél Gilberto 4:47
10. Wave / João Gilberto 4:42
12. 'S Wonderful / João Gilberto 4:11

Especially if you went to Brazil 5 times in the '80's and haven't been back...
About a week ago I went to see FELA and they insist the audience get up and dance, which is alot like being back in Brazil again...



Even
Francois Simon of Le Figaro is talking about Brazilian food this weekend, so maybe the stars are aligning and trying to tell me something?
The food in Brazil is unbelievable! The fruitas! OMG
You can get avocado milkshakes on most street corners in Rio, while hanging out in your bikini...
And the meat! I don't eat much meat anymore, but in Brazil, I would eat it everyday...
You put a kind of salsa on the meat called Brazilian vinegrette...
miam-miam

Wendy said...In 2006, I met Carla daudt, a girl who studied patisserie in Paris and now sells macarons here in Rio! The result of this was that in marriage I contracted a table full of macarons instead of the traditional pastries. It was a success! So I went searching in the bottom of my closet for the one lone souvenir left from my 5 trips to Brazil...
This tiny vintage' bikini which hasn't a snowballs chance of fitting me anymore. BUMBUM IPANEMA is still in business though...
Can we arrange an exchange BUMBUM?
I don't think I ever had the nerve to wear this anywhere. Not even the crazy beautiful beaches of Brazil...
I do think I could fit into Gisele's flip flops though...
Maybe Rio sometime in January..?
Bom Dia Adriana, Pedro-Paulo, tudo mondo
Tudo Bem
If you're PB Brazilian reader give a shout-out!
Obrigada!
Saudade do Brasil pronounced (so-dag-ji) a Brazilian word for a feeling of nostalgic longing for something or someone that one was fond of and which is lost...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY