Tuesday, August 24, 2010

BONJOUR MADELEINES

I was looking for Madeleines at Laduree...
I'd given up finding these quelle ordinaire quotidien dunking cookies...
Until I come home and blewup a counter shot to find these perfect golden shell biscuits...
They have absolutement rien de tout to do with the grand La Madeleine btw...
And everything to do with a young girl named, Madeleine de Commercy, who saved the day according to Tartelette. Depend on Tarty to include an excellent recipe in her cookie tales...
I always flirt with the Mini Madeleines de Bretagne at Le Bon Marche, especially the caramel au beurre madys, but restraint occasionally kicks in for me...
Fauchon are not only the maitres of the almighty Paris eclair, but of the madeleine as well. They have beautiful tins of mini-madeleines, which I did fall victim to (for research purposes bien sur)...
They also offer individul madeleines in at least SEVEN different flavors!
You can buy the whole set in a gift box or just one framboise.
I gave French girl the contents of the tin, except for two to paint.
So far niente as they say in Brasil or is it ninguem..?
Why do some people think French Girls don't cook?
This is a BIG erreur. There are literally tons of adorable cookery books everywhere you turn in Paris. Plus they're in full color and relatively inexpensive, say 5-9 euros...
Which brings me to the tale of French Girl. Arriving home from work at 10 pm, she was in a tizzy. She'd forgotten she was to make THE MADELEINES for the office party the following day. Eeek!
JAM The pots and pans flew. I mainly watched and later washed-up.
No wonder French Girl has 18 jars of jam in the Frigo! They're used to flavor her office soiree madeleines. AH HA!
They came out perfectly though I can not tell you on her recipe-un mystere...
Here's an homage of sorts to the madeleine transformed into a chocolate Easter sculpture at The Paris Ritz.



I have too many times shown no restraint with the crumby madeleines in the Metro vending machines. Fortunately I usually lose my money rather than gain calories.

BONJOUR MADELEINES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY