Monday, February 16, 2009

SENNELIER - PARIS

Sennelier-ParisSennelier-Paris,original art

It's de rigeur for me to go into any art shop in Paris...
Les Enfants Rouges
Les Enfants Rouges-Paris,original art

Plus M. Baker wrote me, I just love the painting I bought of Ch. Vaux le Vicomte, which brings me to ask,
Why you don’t do more paintings of architecture such as Shakespeare & Co., or my favorite “first stop” in Paris, the Nicolas wine shop on rue de Choiseul..?
So today I'm giving it a whirl!

Sennelier-Paris But back to old favorite Parisien art shop, Magasin Sennelier on 3, Quai Voltaire 75007. By the way they've been around since 1887, which means the Impressionists probably got their gear there. But why is it when I show up, the place is always closed!!!
Sennelier-Paris And the windows are full of goodies one can yearn for just as much as any box of macarons.
Sennelier-Paris How many watercolor boxes do you have?
I've lost count but it's more than 10!
Sennelier-Paris You can usually find interesting paint brushes abroad. So many art companies have globalized, it can be hard to find something different, but in the brush arena you can.
Sennelier-ParisThis "artists" smock is a decidedly European necessity...
Sennelier-Paris Rest assured that there are many more erasures on the other side of the pond. I know you really care about that :)
Sennelier-ParisHow many art shops you frequent are featured in a fabulous guide to Paris. It's well worth a look inside even if you don't paint on Sundays or any other time. Plus there's tons of galleries nearby and gorgeous views of the Seine.
Sennelier-ParisHere's the jewel in the window - this mini (but British) Rowney travel paintbox. The prix..ahem, is not mini.
Sennelier-Paris Quite a few of you have asked me, where can I find an art class in Paris? The best place is to check out the signs posted on any art shop's door or inside. You won't be disappointed.
PS
Please let me know what you think of these new Parisien facade paintings..?
Other related posts:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY