Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bonjour Macarons!

#175B Afternoon Macaron Tea, original watercolor

A few days ago, when I gave the lesson on Macaron Mathematics , I got a challenging request.

c_fluffy said:Gorsh... that's a lot of Pierre Herme mini macs...
Can we see all your miniature macs piled together?

Well Fluffy, this post is for you.
I am proud to admit I've got 66! mini macarons :)

I probably have the most mini macarons ON THE PLANET...not that I have ever eaten 66 REAL macarons...well not at one sitting.
I was toying with the idea of creating one of these towers of power with my minis...Hmmm...should I or shouldn't I?
Now for some REAL macarons and from Pierre Herme too!
Remember how I was telling you his macarons are "FAT"?
The picture says it best.
I've never gone in much for the big individual or grand macaron (note at 3.20 a piece).
Why ever buy one, when you can get 6 different flavors/ parfums for 7.90 euros like at La Maison du Chocolat?
Course there is nothing wrong with these little pups from the Champion Supermarche either and you get 12 for 6.50! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee Well if you're going to do it right you have to go to Laduree for their classic gang O' four. An experience not to be missed. It requires all your French politesse to divide those babies in a genteel manner, without grabing your favorite flavor first. You always turn the plate to your guest and offer her/him the first cookie. I guess that's why I always go alone. No sharing :)
Except in this case...Please do take one?
Hand made by Marie-Paule MaurinMore from Marie-Paule Maurin in Paris today - she made these little cutees! I want...I want...I want! Don't you?
BONNE JOURNEE MINI MACARONS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY