Thursday, December 30, 2010

THE KING'S SPEECH

Yesterday I had a British moment (OK several hours).
Firstly I succombed to a jar of orange marmelade (OK it was Sarabeth's not British). Then I went to see The King's Speech very spur of the moment and I LOVED it, but more about that later.
London Transport Museum Have I told you about the London Transport Museum? I don't think I have and it ties in a bit with a small stretch of the imagination...
London Transport Museum Probably an oft overlooked London museum - it's really loads of fun.

Floors and floors of British travel immersion awaits you from all periods of history....

London Transport Museum AND you can hop aboard many trains...
London Transport Museum Just 'Mind the gap', 'Keep clear of the doors' and 'DON'T SPIT'!
London Transport MuseumIt's tucked in a corner of Covent Garden and surrounded by fabulous outdoor eating stalls = not-to-be-missed. Plus your entry ticket is good for a years worth of visits as many times as you wish.
London Transport Museum I loved the old graphis particularly...
London Transport Museum Some of the best posters ever were created for London transport.

London Transport Museum Especially during the Second world War...
London Transport Museum When Underground stations became a place of refuge...
London Transport Museum Winston Churchill's poster graced the Underground and he's present in...
London Transport Museum The King's Speech, based on old diaries found by speech therapist Australian Lionel Logue's grandson in the attic.
I was expecting the usual Masterpiece Theatre concoction...
Instead it's a griping thriller both brave, witty and all-engrossing with superb acting. I can't think of a better movie to see this holiday week-end.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY