Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Past and Present ~

One of my favourite pastimes is treasure hunting for antiques.  I can, and do, spend hours covering each corner of an antique shop looking for that one special piece that can add the perfect touch to a room.   

Finding a mirror like this is at the top of my list!

Antiques and collectibles add individuality and beauty to existing decor.  Mixing styles and periods gives a relaxed feel, as if a room isn't "put together".  Adding one or two pieces will look chic and modern.  Finding balance is key.


While I dream of being Kelly Wearstler in this photo, the reality is that I have three children and two more with four legs.  I want my home to be stylish and represent my taste while being kid and Frenchie friendly.


There are many ways of incorporating antiques into your home.  One is by adding small details such as knobs to a chest or cabinet.


One of my personal favourites ~ a chandelier!  It gives instant drama and elegance.


This Louis chair is fabulous!  A beautifully upholstered chair can be a work of art.  It's one of the least expensive and most versatile.  The look can be easily be changed with fabric.


Place your antiques in a prominent place where your family and friends can admire them. Think of them as precious gems. If diamonds can go with just about anything, so can antiques!


Like a chandelier, accessories bring sparkle to your ensemble.  I purchased this clutch several years ago from one of my favourite online vintage boutiques ~ Posh Vintage.  I carried it to dinner last weekend when we dined at our favourite brasserie.




Wishing you a lovely Wednesday!  xoxo, B


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY