Wednesday, January 26, 2011

More tarte adventures today - the pastry sketch crawl continues...
It's a SNOW day in New York, so I thought I'd paint pastry at chez moi...
Last Sunday the plan was to paint onsite at Cafe Petrossian on 7th Avenue
But they were just closing so I bought the berry tarte above...
You can find candy caviar at Petrossian...
As well as the REAL thing...
You know you're in the 'Frenchie' area when you look across the street and spot La Parisienne Diner...
Then again you know you're in New York City when you get nearly run over by giant hounds...
On Monday I met a friend at another Pain Quotidien...
I thought perhaps having company onhand whilst painting might aide and abet the outcome...
No such luck malheureusement...
So today I dragged out the Petrossian tarte and went to work at home - my still life setup.
My not-so-hot results. Evidently it will take MANY tartes before I figure out how to paint these puppies. Why does that teapot look pregnant? :(
Oh dear...not there yet.
(many more attempts are required before I get the better of these %$#@ tartes. I ate this one. Vengence is mine! It was superbe)
One good thing about sketch crawling at home, I can get up and change my paint water frequently. And I can check the refrigerator contents - oh perhaps not such a good thing after all.
"Out, out damn snow!"
BONJOUR PASTRY SKETCH CRAWL CHEZ MOI!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY